To bring out the best in our students, HWA offers excellent learning spaces for work and play. On campus, all classrooms are equipped with IT infrastructure designed to assist teachers, and to enhance the learning experience for students across all ages. While older students may enjoy recreation activities at our modern sporting facilities—basketball, volleyball, netball, bouldering and futsal courts and fields—younger students may want to explore the climbing structures or splash in the creative water play area.
Students are exposed to a myriad of the outdoors on field trips, but on campus amid green surroundings, they too can learn from an environmental classroom experience via facilities such as the Bio Pond. Complementing on-campus facilities, the fully-equipped Serangoon Stadium is but a 10-minute walk from our school at Hillside Drive. Our mini-buses can provide door to door shuttle services in a few minutes. The stadium’s world-class facilities are made available to HWA to host sporting activities and larger scale events, including the international standard football field, 50-metre swimming pool, badminton halls and Olympic-sized track.
Booking of Facilities
Individual Booking of Facilities for Recreation
Facilities: Town Hall, Seminar Rooms, Multi-purpose Hall, Basketball Court, Mini Festal Court.
The above mentioned facilities must be booked before use. If you are interested to use our campus facilities, kindly click here to submit a booking request. Applicants are advised to submit a request at least 7 days in advance. Confirmation of booking facilities are subject to availability and first-come first-served basis.
*Kindly be informed that facilities booked should not be used for any political or religious activities.
If you have any further queries, kindly do not hesitate to contact us at +65 6254 0500.
The core list of support services are:
(a) Student handbook is given out to all newly enrolled students to orientate them on important information of the Academy. It is also available on the school website.
(b) Medical Insurance coverage in accordance with the guidelines by CPE is provided to all enrolled students, via Tokio Marine Singapore Pte Ltd. There can be an exemption for Singaporean/PR if they are already covered by their own medical insurance plan (proof must be shown to the Academy to be able to opt-out).
Medical Insurance Coverage:
Coverage I: Group Hospital and Surgical Insurance
(B1 Ward, Overall Limit Per Policy Year S$20,000)
Coverage II: Group Personal Accident Plan (Sum Issued S$20,000)
(c) The Administration Division that handles / processes all student requests.
(d) Feedback form is easily available for students to provide valuable insights into helping the Academy to continually improve the student experience.
List of Comprehensive Services Available in the Academy:
- For all new students
The Academy will provide the following services to ensure that students make a smooth transition to Singapore: -
• Individual and personalized long distance calls to parents / agents to inform them on arrival arrangements
• Accommodation Support Service
• Arrangement for Medical Screening
• Visa / Student Pass Application
• Student Orientation Programme
- For all Current & Enrolled Students
The Academy aims to provide all students with an academic education of the highest standards through the provision of these services:
• Certified Counselor
• Students’ Outings and Activities
• Educational Tours
• Library Access for References
• Personalize updates to parents on admission matters / students’ progress which includes:
- Informing parents on student admission matters / services, including airport pick up, accommodation, etc.
- Informing parents on student issues, including attendance rate, behavior, academic performance, etc.
• Student Progress Reports
• Principal – Student dialogue sessions
- For enhancing overall Student Experience
In ensuring that the Academy provides for an exceptional student experience, it undertakes to provide the following services:
• Monthly review of students’ attendance
• Student Evaluation Surveys (Student Satisfaction Survey / Student Course and Subject Evaluation Survey/ Pre-course Counselling and Orientation Satisfaction Survey)
• Feedback forms
• Dispute resolution process
To note: This comprehensive list of student support services is not meant to be exhaustive. The Academy undertakes the responsibility to continually improve on ensuring that all students’ welfare and needs are well taken care of and will do so by school-student engagements through the various student touch points as listed.